Erasing from the past, would you? #FridayReflections

16 thoughts on “Erasing from the past, would you? #FridayReflections”

1. Alok Singhal says:

It is the experience that counts…such people come and go from our lives.
    So I won’t take them off on my own.

When we were chatting a few hours back, I did not know you were also in the same frame of mind as me – erasing some part of the past. I cannot delete or erase certain people because they gave me a hard time once for two important reasons – One they are close relations and second, as you said, they are responsible for making me a stronger person. I would like to keep them as a reminder for that.

Somehow, I have not been in a very bad position and need to erase anything. But it must be tough to get back.

4. rohinikunnathu says:

I don’t think I will erase them as well. Do I wish they had never come into my life? Yes! But I really have learned a lot from these people and appreciate the wonderful ones in my life! Sometimes, we need to learn what not to do in our lives and we get to learn it from the hateful experiences!

5. Laurel Regan says:

Interesting question! I don’t think there’s anyone I’d want to erase – good or bad, my experiences with them have made me who I am, and I’m ok with that. Thanks for a thought-provoking post!

6. Debbie D. says:

I wouldn’t erase anyone or anything because they were intrinsic in shaping my personality. I did consciously remove one toxic “friend” from my life many years ago and am much happier for it.

7. Magical Mimi (@MagicalMimi) says:

If I could erase them and still have what I have, know what I know and stay the person that I am, yes, I would erase them.

8. Kathy Combs (@KathyCombs16) says:

I agree with Mimi. There are some people that I would love to erase…but would I still be me? Would I be a better me without them having touched my life even though their time in it seemed like hell on earth? So many questions to ponder with this one.

9. vishalbheeroo says:

I guess, the past experiences makes us stronger and help us define our future. There are quite a few bad experience but I shall not say, I would like to erase since it’s not good to lead a life with regret. Like they say, bring it on!!

10. mackenzieglanville says:

Yes we wrote a very similar post didn’t we, it is such thought provoking question but like you I know I am stronger due to the pain and suffering I went through. #Fridayreflections

11. sarala D says:

Erasing someone is just like google search,as when we search for something previous one pops up. When we try to erase that person and the connected experiences roll as reels in our mind.So better not to travel on that lane of the memory road.Nicely expressed.

12. Mithila Menezes @Fabulus1710 says:

I liked the idea of erasing someone from your past. And I would willingly sign up for this, if it were possible.
    But still, I’ve realized, that some people in your life, came into your life, just so that you learnt to deal with similar people who are going to come your way in the future!
    Some people, who were a part of your past, are your ‘past’ for a reason- and that reason now makes you a better person.
    I’d rather have a Selective Amnesia disorder! I had written about it on my blog.. do check it out! 😀

13. Eli says:

VERY tempting idea… but like you and the rest… even the worst people have provided me with a lesson for life.. and has in some weird way sometimes, made me stronger. Really interesting to think about though…

14. Vidya Sury says:

You tackled the question so well, Vinitha! More power to you. I’ve often looked back and reflected on whether I’d like to change anything in my past…and after playing yo-yo with my thoughts, I’ve always concluded that no, I wouldn’t. 🙂 It makes us who we are. Hugs!

15. Rena McDaniel says:

Although I mostly think like you do I have to admit there are a couple of people I would erase because the pain they caused were not worth any lesson I could have learned. Sometimes there is just pure evil in the world no matter how hard we try to stay positive.

16. paradoxicalsprite says:

Hey Vinitha, just wanted to stop by and let you know that I nominated you for the Blogger Recognition Award >> https://stillwaitingforprincecharming.wordpress.com/2015/09/25/wow-id-like-to-thank/

Congratulations. Hope you have a great day 🙂