#MicroblogMondays – Surviving an unintentional challenge

Yesterday we walked around 10 kilometers, ie. 6.2miles. It wasn’t intentional at all. We set out to the park where the fair and fun was happening. But since they were still in the process of setting up, we thought to stop by at the marathon organized by my husband’s office.

It was in another park 20 minutes away. So we walked till there. And my God, that park was a huge one. To find out our friends we walked and walked. Finally, we were able to meet up with the group and after spending some time there we went to have lunch and did some shopping. After that, we went back to the first park to see the fair. And you don’t sit around in a fair. So we walked exploring more fun while Kanna got some prizes for hooking the duck and ringing the bell.

My back pain which was fairly under control all these days was provoked to make its appearance back. So we called the taxi and went back home. It goes without saying that all of us were exhausted. We were surprised to see that our little boy walked all that way. Of course, he complained and warned us that we should not make him walk this far next time. In our defense, we had no idea that it was going to be such a long one.

Anyways, I found it motivating that my back pain didn’t trouble me much. It was a learning experience that until we decide to push ourselves we will not know our strength. Not bad for someone who the doctor diagnosed with the Degenerative disc disease. :)

Linking with #MicroblogMondays

Microblog_Mondays

Click on the picture to know more about #MicroblogMondays

and #MondayMusings

MondayMusings1

Signature (2)

31 thoughts on “#MicroblogMondays – Surviving an unintentional challenge”

Good to know you had a great day yesterday. Walking also aids in reducing the back pain but a little shorter distance than what you covered yesterday.

Yes, walking helps in reducing the back pain. In fact, I was walking for a kilometer every day last year. Last day was purely unintentional. Had I known at the start of the day that I was going to walk this far, we would have called the taxi from the beginning itself. I am happy that we made it through, just happy. :)

2. nabanita says:

It’s good that your back didn’t trouble you much :) Talking about walks, I have to start walking from tonight after dinner or S will go beserk..The doctor has been advising me for a few months now but the lazy me just wants to lie down !! 😀

I am surprised that y back is doing better even with all that walking. :) No complaints there. Do walk, it is the best exercise, not a rigorous workout to tire us out but just right to get us going. :)

3. Shilpa Garg says:

We get to know our limits only when we try and believe me we are capable of doing a lot more than we actually give it credit. It’s great that you pushed your limits and learnt something about yourself :)

It was accidental, but I am glad to find out that I do have what it takes to walk 10 km. :) True, we get to know our limits only when we try. You know, I was thinking that we are a mystery to ourselves, aren’t we?

4. obsessivemom says:

10K??? Wow. I’ve been struggling to get there without much luck. 7K and I’m done for. Do take care of that back and kudos to your little one.

This was not a workout walk, more like when-are-we reaching-our-destination walk. :) If I knew that I was going to end up walking this far, I wouldn’t have walked at all. :) You are walking daily that far and that’s impressive, Tulika. For my workout I walk only 1km a day and that itself is a big deal for me. :)

5. JustHeather says:

Sounds like you had a great day! My son also sometimes protests about long walks, but he does very well for his age. :)

It was great, Heather. When kids walk, long or short, it’s a great feeling for the parents, isn’t it? :)

6. Me Otherwise says:

Vinitha, you know when you later look back at these unintentional “challenges” done, you sure feel good right? ….
    I guess there are many such unintentinal challenges in each of our lives/…. “Unintentional challenges” somehow like the way this phrase is coined.. :)

Yes, it does feel good, Ramya. :) Oh yeah, there are many such unintentional challenges that we complete in our lives. We are simply amazing that way, aren’t we? Thank you dear, I am glad that you liked it. :)

7. Kathy Combs (@KathyCombs16) says:

A person shouldn’t push the limits too much or they will find themselves sorry and hurting. Glad you had a good day, but try not to over do.

Yes, I agree, we should not overdo, Kathy. This wasn’t a part of my plan. It just happened. I am just happy that I am not hurt at the end of the day. :)

8. Pheno Menon says:

Limits is an interesting word. My favourite one line story is “The fool didn’t know it was impossible so he did it anyway”

PhenoMenon

That’s a great line there, Pheno and yes, I, I mean, we were that fool yesterday, so we did it anyway. :)

9. menons129 says:

I am happy for you because you could walk tha distance with sheer will power.

Thank you, Ma’am. :)

10. middlegirl54 says:

Good to have been able to walk the distance, even if unintended. Good to know what the limits are. In most cases, overdoing is a no-no. Be well.

Yes, I agree. I m gainst overdoing. This was pure accident. :) When I walk, I walk very slow, so that I won’t hurt my back. :)

11. Mel says:

Sometimes I need to trick myself into exercise like that. We got lost in London and ended up needing to walk miles into a more populated area of town because no buses were running where we were. We ended up seeing more than we would have seen if we had landed properly at our destination.

12. rohinikunnathu says:

Good for you!! You are right..always pushing ourselves will only show what we are capable of.!!!

13. Payal Agarwal says:

Blessings to your little one. Stay well. :)

wow 10km is a lot. I hope your back is fine now. Yeah sometimes even I end up walking more than expected. Kudos to your little one… he’s one fit kid :)

It’s amazing what you can do when you’re having fun! Actually walking with the right shoes is the best thing for a back ache.

16. subzeroricha says:

Back aches are often about lifestyles. And walking your way through it is one of the best things. I wish you more of such healthy events in your life :-)

17. Ajay Pai says:

10 kms? That’s simply wow! By the way, How many keeloooosss did you lose? Is the disc still working fine? 10 Kms is quite a distance.

18. Shailaja/ The Moving Quill says:

I completely agree on the pushing yourself bit, Vinitha. It wasn’t until I pushed myself to get up at 4.30 am every morning to write that I discovered how much I was capable of doing. Kudos to you and may you get better and better at pushing the boundaries every single time :)

19. Bikramjit says:

10 k .. wow.. and I am sure if we always listen to the doctors majority of us will be sitting at home doing nothing ..

take it easy though and all the best always

Yes, taking it easy. :) Thank you for stopping by Bikram. :)

It seems while migrating you have lost all the ‘likes’ your posts had received previously in the old avataar.