This thing called Life!

20160514_134310Life is a funny business, isn’t it? So long as we are not faced with any obstacles, we fail to realize how truly blessed and happy we were. If till then all we could see was what was lacking in our lives, once it turns upside down, we tend to think how good it was before. Appreciation pours in for what had lost and we would see how silly it was to yearn for what wasn’t there.

The problems we face make us strong, of course. But where do we draw this energy to deal with the problems? I believe that it’s from the willingness to get past the hurdles and move forward. That never dying determination forces us to face, fight and move ahead. There were times I lived only because of the constant presence of this determination. Today I can’t even imagine how thankful I am for that.

Once we are past that difficult phase there will be a sigh of relief. At times when I look back, I wonder how the hell did I manage to pull that off! It’s true, until we face the demons we never realize the power that lies within us!

Does that mean life is perfect now? No way! There are times, moments, and days where we struggle with our problems, big and small. We feel exhausted and rejected. We question why life is such a struggle. We lose patience. But we hold on. Because we want to see past this too. Because hard it might be, but we do have the power to get past this too. And we hold on.

Sometimes I wonder, am I ready to trade the imperfections in my life to make it smooth and clean like a freshly laundered and ironed linen, wrinkle-free and perfect! Never! These imperfections are imprints from different moments of our lives without which our identity is lost into the oblivion. These imperfections are the source my energy, sometimes my happiness too.

Yes, life is funny that way. It is never gonna be perfect, but perfect isn’t what makes our life perfect!

Linking with #Monday Musings hosted by Corinne

Mondaymusings-1

and #MicroblogMondays

27 thoughts on “This thing called Life!”

Beautiful words Vinitha.

Thanks, Lata! 🙂

Love your reflection, Vinitha. As crazy as it sounds, I often look back on times of pain and desperation and am thankful that I’ve grown past certain things and I’ve learned so much about myself and others.

Looking back and reflecting is needed. It helps us improve ourselves and gives confidence in moving forward. But sometimes these reflections put me down too. 🙂

3. kalaravi16 says:

What a beautiful reflection this was! Truly the trying times in life are the ones that make us stronger and wiser.

4. Alok Singhal says:

There are difficult times in everybody’s life, but then that’s what makes us strong. Those who don’t bend according to circumstances only suffer and prolong the same!

Well said! Those imperfections make our life perfect. In those hard times, we see the real value of things. So happy to see you back. 🙂

6. Payal Agarwal says:

Love this post, Vinitha. Beautifully written. Tough times make us stronger. I always try to remember one thing, “this too shall pass.” 🙂

Yes, tough times do make us stronger. I too believe that every difficult phase will pass sooner or later. Holding on until then without beating up our spirits is the hardest part. 🙂 Thank you for stopping by, Payal!

7. Alana Mautone (@RamblinGarden) says:

It’s a wonderful thing to look back at a hard patch and see how you survived it, and grew at the same time. And, everything is a learning experience. Strange how what you learned long ago can come back to help you in some unexpected way.

8. Ami Bhat says:

Life is never perfect but everything in life is designed for a reason and I truly believe in that.

9. Dashy says:

Sometimes these imperfections in life are what spices it up and makes it worth living. Yes, life is funny, we do tend to think of the good times only when the bad times show up. Here’s a reflection of truth. 🙂

10. upasna1987 says:

It feels fresh when you say- Life like a freshly ironed linen. I too want my current imperfections to be an inspiration in my future.

11. Lux G. says:

I couldn’t agree more! Life is so much like the season. It changes from time to time and each brings lessons and change in us. It’s a phase we need to go through.

You’ve said it so well.

12. nabanita says:

I know what you mean..we need to learn to live with the positives of each moment else it becomes too difficult

13. vishalbheeroo says:

A very beautiful reflection in the way you look at life. We have our share of troubles in life and such outlook make us face it.

14. Mel says:

This was a good post to read on a day when we kept hearing bad news after bad news. Thank you for this.

15. Sunila Vig says:

So true Vinitha, the crinkles in the fabric of our life is what lends it, its depth, beauty, learning and knowledge of our own never ending strength 🙂

Yes, at times even I wonder where did I get all this determination to overcome my problems… but I guess the strength has always been lying dormant within us and it wakes up whenever we come across tough situations.

17. Sid Balachandran says:

Eloquently put, Vinitha. 🙂

Thank you, Sid! 🙂

18. lshandlefox says:

I especially love that last part about “perfect” is not what makes life perfect. Everybody should read this. Too many people miss the beauty of the here and now to chase some perfect “someday”.or lament about what could have been. xo

19. forkwardthinkingfoodinista says:

Hi, Fab blog! I have just set up mine, but still in the very early stages – a few months old. Just making efforts to link in with fellow bloggers to improve our followers and get the word out there for us both. I would appreciate you having a peek at my blog, as I have published several posts. Feel free to like, comment, follow or just take a peek. Thank you 🙂

20. rudraprayaga says:

life is sometimes an enigma which sometimes gets which of course has its solution as per the trial of people.But sometimes some plight stings us badly,even then some answer incidentally creeps in. Very well worded,Vinita.

21. rudraprayaga says:

which of course has (gone wrong)……..

22. Saru (@BaawriBasanti) says:

True, problems make us who we are. We grow when we embrace our problems.

23. G Angela says:

Lovely post, I was thinking about a book I read, Tough times don’t last Tough people Do. The struggles we go through are needed to get the best out of us; when we look back we will understand the value of those challenges that has helped us to become who we are today….. as we grow older we are prepared and courageous to face greater challenges. Thanks for inspiring me today.