21 Random Facts About Me – #FridayReflections
I have been missing on Friday Reflections post all this while. When I saw this prompt I couldn’t give it a miss. Here are 21 random facts about me.
- I’m not someone who you may call an ardent reader. But I love books, the smell of them, the feel of them in my hand and can spend hours lost in a bookstore. In fact, I miss Worcester because of all its bookstores. I haven’t seen a place where there were so many bookstores as Worcester!
- I’m obsessed with pens and notebooks/journals. The stationery store is another of my favorite place to spend time at. I always wish to receive a notebook/pen set as a gift which still remains a wish!
- I was born in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala and lived there for 17 years. But I feel at home here in Phoenix where my husband and I started our marital life.
- I don’t do anything because that’s how it should be or I’m expected to do so or the society will raise its eyebrows at me.
- I believe that believing makes anything possible.
- I love tea and coffee, tea more than coffee.
- Career was always important to me. I never thought that there would be a day for me without working but here I’m, a stay at home mom, for the past 9 years! Funny thing is, I’m doing more work at home as a mom than I had done as a software developer.
- Every night before going to bed I have a cup of milk. That’s important to me. 🙂
- I love learning. There always will be something on my to do list to learn. Strangely enough, I keep going back to those software programming languages as a learning resource, after all these years!
- I like to clean up and organize. A messy house gives me a headache. I feel that the messiness is the reflection of how my head is. And it makes me upset when I am not well and I can’t clean up, which in turn makes me angry that why always I have to do all the work, driving me to the crankiest best. It’s a vicious circle!
- I think a lot and try to fix the problems that are born as a by-product of my thinking abilities even before it happens and worries if I can’t fix a hypothetical problem! Yeah, it’s difficult being me!
- I love rain but the England rain almost made me fall out of love with rain! It was so cold every time it rained there!
- We moved from the UK to the US two months back while I was 8 months pregnant. The move wasn’t scary for me as I loved to plan, clean up and pack.
- Kanna says that I am a genius and I accept that, always! 🙂 I sincerely believe that I’m a genius.
- I love watching the nature through the window on a ride and letting myself lost in thoughts, without even noticing what my I eyes are treated with and then suddenly realizing that I have come a long way from the origin of my thoughts, trying to figure out where my mind had been through the journey and to remember the sights I had unknowingly seen!
- My family used to go for trips a lot when I was a kid. I loved staying up in the night during train rides and looking out the window to see the lights trailing off from vehicles in a distance and imagining who those people were, where they were going, etc.
- I love looking at the stars more than the moon.
- I see fireflies as stars on earth. Love those tiny beings carrying their own torch!
- I love my solitude.
- My husband and kids are always my first priority.
- I have faith in me, always!
There are a few more things about me, but let’s stop at these for now. Would you like to share some random facts about yourself? Go ahead and share. 🙂