21 Random Facts About Me – #FridayReflections

I have been missing on Friday Reflections post all this while. When I saw this prompt I couldn’t give it a miss. Here are 21 random facts about me.

1. I’m not someone who you may call an ardent reader. But I love books, the smell of them, the feel of them in my hand and can spend hours lost in a bookstore. In fact, I miss Worcester because of all its bookstores. I haven’t seen a place where there were so many bookstores as Worcester!
  2. I’m obsessed with pens and notebooks/journals. The stationery store is another of my favorite place to spend time at. I always wish to receive  a notebook/pen set as a gift which still remains a wish!
  3. I was born in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala and lived there for 17 years. But I feel at home here in Phoenix where my husband and I started our marital life.
  4. I don’t do anything because that’s how it should be or I’m expected to do so or the society will raise its eyebrows at me.
  5. I believe that believing makes anything possible.
  6. I love tea and coffee, tea more than coffee.
  7. Career was always important to me. I never thought that there would be a day for me without working but here I’m, a stay at home mom, for the past 9 years! Funny thing is, I’m doing more work at home as a mom than I had done as a software developer.
  8. Every night before going to bed I have a cup of milk. That’s important to me. :)
  9. I love learning. There always will be something on my to do list to learn. Strangely enough, I keep going back to those software programming languages as a learning resource, after all these years!
  10. I like to clean up and organize. A messy house gives me a headache. I feel that the messiness is the reflection of how my head is. And it makes me upset when I am not well and I can’t clean up, which in turn makes me angry that why always I have to do all the work, driving me to the crankiest best. It’s a vicious circle!
  11. I think a lot and try to fix the problems that are born as a by-product of my thinking abilities even before it happens and worries if I can’t fix a hypothetical problem! Yeah, it’s difficult being me!
  12. I love rain but the England rain almost made me fall out of love with rain! It was so cold every time it rained there!
  13. We moved from the UK to the US two months back while I was 8 months pregnant. The move wasn’t scary for me as I loved to plan, clean up and pack.
  14. Kanna says that I am a genius and I accept that, always! :) I sincerely believe that I’m a genius.
  15. I love watching the nature through the window on a ride and letting myself lost in thoughts, without even noticing what my I eyes are treated with and then suddenly realizing that I have come a long way from the origin of my thoughts, trying to figure out where my mind had been through the journey and to remember the sights I had unknowingly seen!
  16. My family used to go for trips a lot when I was a kid. I loved staying up in the night during train rides and looking out the window to see the lights trailing off from vehicles in a distance and imagining who those people were, where they were going, etc.
  17. I love looking at the stars more than the moon.
  18. I see fireflies as stars on earth. Love those tiny beings carrying their own torch!
  19. I love my solitude.
  20. My husband and kids are always my first priority.
  21. I have faith in me, always!

There are a few more things about me, but let’s stop at these for now. Would you like to share some random facts about yourself? Go ahead and share. :)

FRIDAY-REFLECTIONS-250-x-250-e1425285145843

Friday Reflections hosted by Sanch of Living My Imperfect Life and Corinne of Write tribe.

27 thoughts on “21 Random Facts About Me – #FridayReflections”

1. rohinikunnathu says:

I was testing myself how many i knew about you!!! I knew 20 out of 21. I am still not sure if that GENIUS part!! 😉

Are you sure you know me at all Rohini? 😉

2. rohinikunnathu says:

Hahhaha!! I know you really well and that is why I am confused about the Genius part!!

3. Anisha Jain says:

That good writing
    Thus keep it up
    I also write on this topic

See on http://www.proudtobespecial.blogspot.in

Thank you!

4. Vasantha Vivek says:

Quite interesting random facts about you, Vinitha !!! Loved it !!!

Glad you liked it. Thanks Vasantha! :)

5. Shilpa Garg (@shilpaagarg) says:

Aha! There are quite a few similarities! Till a few years ago, a stationary shops were my fav places to hang out, but now my son has taken over there. Tea is my elixir too. And yes, faith and belief matters a lot!

Don’t you just love it when our kids follow on our quirkiness! :) Thanks for stopping by, Shilpa. :)

6. Esha Mookerjee-Dutta says:

Uncannily, quite a few things match very closely with me. Love stationary shops, tea, solitude, thinking /worrying a lot…and then 15 to 20 is again similar :)

:) That’s a lot of similarities, right! :) This was fun to do.

7. sunainabhatia says:

Interesting observations about yourself Vinitha…..I love stationary too, by the way….but my house is always messy…At times I blame it on children but I know that I am not doing it right…..When I have time, I just grab a book and read, or I rad some blog, or I write…..:)

8. Tina Basu says:

You moved base while you were pregnant and packed and unpacked on ur own??? U deserve an applause for that!!

9. deepagandhi says:

Even I moved from Milwaukee to chicago when I was pregnant with my second one but it was my fifth month but brave of you to travel in 8th month ..good to know more about u :)

10. Alok Singhal says:

So much in common between you and me, especially the cleanliness part – I see so many ladies around who sit outside their houses chatting whole day while their houses are like trash! I am the opposite, Saru too!

An absolute Tea lover I too am.

I used to be like 11 and 15 but things have changed down the line. I would have loved living in Worcester for lots of bookstores.

12. shanayatales says:

We have quite a lot in common, Vinitha. Good to know more about you. Especially love your very last ‘fact’. That is something I wish never changes for you or anyone else.

Love you, love your list, Vinitha. I’m a total stationery hoarder too!

14. pratikshya2 says:

Love this list.. I like beautiful hand made journals too.. they are Pretty.. I wish to visit England some day.. wanna experience the rain you’ve mentioned…
    I too have similar experience with the trail of thought.. I never know what tge origin was and where else I visited in my mind .. it’s irritating that I almost always forget what important thing I was thinking about…

15. Rekha @ Dew Drops says:

16. Same pinch. In the silence and darkness of the night, the lights, the trees and the people became characters of the story in my head. Loved those good old train journeys. It was wonderful to know a bit more about you, Vinita. This definitely is a beautiful challenge.

16. Ramya Rao says:

There are quite a few similarities here ,Vinitha. This exercise was fun. Good to know the genius. 😉

Totally agree with your point 5… I love journals too… Love the feel of it. Your point 15 is so like me. If i am not reading then for sure I would be lost in, thoughts watching nature. Nice to know more about you :)

18. nomadwrites says:

Amazing. Reading few points, I was “how much do you think” 😛 Love books. (never maintain a pen :D) I still love sitting by train window and letting pleasant cold zephyr pass by, looking at things going by without thinking anything. The most striking similarity between us is the “genius” thingy I say 😀

19. reemamichelle says:

We’ve a lot in common! And I can so relate to the drinking milk at night. I so miss it now that I stay in PG. And yes, cleaning up, organizing! And the love for books too!

20. Anonymous says:

I too love solitude and then my mind flies to the past or future connecting events after events.I love sitting on the verandah watching the moon on full moon day. Some similarities are there.I liked this post.

21. sarusinghal says:

You are so like me on every single count, except for tea and coffee. I love coffee more.