Of realizations and struggles – #WeekendCoffeeShare

coffee-1580595_960_720If we were having coffee together, I would complain about the hot October that we just bid bye to. I would admit, reluctantly though, that this time of the year was best in the UK and that I miss it, a bit. The alluring fall colors, the leaf carpeted sidewalks, the chillness in the air, the pretty nature – Oh yes, I miss it. I don’t miss the early sunset and sunrise, though. In my experience never before in October Phoenix was this heated up. October used to be the nicest month for Phoenix but this time it decided to act up like a rowdy toddler!

If we were having coffee together, I would say that it’s hard. This mommy thing. No matter how many times you become a parent, it’s hard. Parenting is about going with the flow, much like life! There is no handbook that will make you smarter in this topic. It is about trial and errors and choosing the closest to the best option every moment. And of course, we make mistakes. We have to, considering that there is no easy way here! Right now I’m tired, missing sleep and battling with the routines that I’m yet to master! Didn’t I know this before? Of course, I did! Then why the surprise? It’s one thing knowing it and assuming that it can be dealt with. But it’s a completely different matter going through it and actually dealing with it. But thankfully, there are easy days too, less energy sucking, more smiling days!

If we were having coffee, I would say that I don’t have anything else to say. Now that I’m sitting here with the intention of talking to you, my mind is going blank. But if I attempt to go to sleep, because that’s what I should be doing when the baby sleeps to refill my energy, then, no doubt,there would be a flood of topics and ideas in my mind that I couldn’t resist sharing with you! The effect of all these would drive the snooze away leaving a wide awakened me with crippling energy.

If I were having coffee with you, I would say that I’m not happy that I’m not writing much in Void Thoughts anymore. In fact, I am worried that my writing abilities are worn out. Oh, that thought itself is causing bruises all over my mind. I can’t think about it any further!

If we were having coffee together, I would ask how are you. Is life treating you kind? I would hope that it is! And sure it will be kind, even though it appears not at times. That’s what I tell myself. I would say come back here to share coffee with me again as I need to leave now. The tiny little wonder of ours is seeking my attention and before it turns into screams, thank you for being here.

Sharing with #WeekendCoffeeShare at Part-Time Monster.

38 thoughts on “Of realizations and struggles – #WeekendCoffeeShare”

1. Shilpa Garg says:

Aww! I can understand your situation as a mommy to a new born. It’s like starting all over again. But I am sure you would be able to manage it better this time for you have the experience! Take care and enjoy the lil baby. ♥

Thanks Shilpa! Yes, it is like starting all over again. Thankfully I’m able to keep up with pace my two babies are at. Hoping that I will be able to continye it!

2. bettylouise31 says:

Have pleasant week. Your challenges will make you stronger as you goalong.

Thanks Betty! I do hope so. :)

3. Maliny Mohan says:

If I were having coffee with you, I would ask you to not let worries about not being able to write more affect you in any which way possible, Vinitha. Life has been throwing me challenges too, but yes, I feel I can pass through the phase, albeit with difficulty.
    Enjoy your motherhood. Try to sleep as much as you are able to. You write beautifully. I cannot find a flaw, if that makes you doubt yourself less :)

Aww, thank you for the kind and encouraging words, Maliny. Means a lot to me. :)

4. Shailaja V says:

If we were having coffee, I would reach out and hug you to say, ‘You’re doing fine, mamma. It’s hard, this thing called parenting. It’s tough to get by on sleepless nights and frantic worry. It’s okay to feel overwhelmed. It’s okay to feel exhausted and drained by everything that life is throwing at you right now. Be kind to yourself. Take care of you. Life cannot be measured in teaspoons of despair or jugs of happiness. It needs both. We need the fatigue so we can welcome the relaxation. We need the strain so we gladly embrace the gains. We need things to spiral out of control so we learn how to pick ourselves up, tread the unsteady path and start walking happily again. One day, the sleep deprivation will stop. The endless wailing will cease. The frantic sterilising of bottles will dramatically come to a standtstill and all you’ll have are hazy memories of these exhausting moments. But you are more resilient than you know. Today. Tomorrow and forever. As long as you have all of that together, you’re doing just fine, mamma.’

Aww Shailaja! That was such a heartwarming message. Hugs! Thank you for making me smile. <3

1. Shailaja V says:

Anything for you 💓

I didn’t realize that you love me so much. 😉

1. Shailaja V says:

What?! *Digs around for pen, paper and rose bouquet to send to Vinitha to prove her undying love and support*

*Blushing and looking out the window for the dove holding your roses* :)

5. Sunaina Sharma says:

I have been there, done that…..It is hard, really hard when you want to write or read, or think….but you can’t…..But is there any other option available – I guess not….we have to wait it out patiently…….

Yep, it’s hard. Taking time sounds about right. :)

6. rohinikunnathu says:

Your writing is always heart felt and the touch is only getting better!! You are just being a new mom all over again!!! Even it is little, I still love to read what you write!!

Aww! Thank you Rohini. :)

7. Kaddu says:

And here I am… seriously considering adopting a baby!
    But hang in there, Vinitha! These extreme tiring situations only help us discover yet another reservoir of hidden strength within us. So that one day, when life is sailing smooth once again, we can look back & say -“Boy! I survived through THAT!”
    Cheers! And loads of hugs! Keep smiling! 😀

You are going to adopt Chikki? Good. I believe anything that involves another person (little or big) needs a lot of patience. All the best with everything dear. You are right. One day I look back and will feel, ” I did that ” 😉 Till then it’s messy as it can be. :)

8. kalaravi16 says:

Hi Vinitha, its amazing that you could drag yourself from all the chaos at home to pen down this beautiful post! By experience I can assure you that these are fleeting times that will vanish all too soon and you’ll be left wondering where they disappeared! Don’t worry about not finding time or the inclination to write, it will all come right back when the time is right. Much love and hugs to you and your little ones!

Thanks for the love dear! Yes, time will fly and we will wonder where these days disappeared to. :)

9. Rowena says:

I have so been in your shoes and am thinking of you. I don’t have that sense of time passing quickly but my son turns 13 next year and when we went to a family party recently, people were struck by how much he’s grown. He’s almost finished his first year of high school and is starting to get shoulders. Our daughter is almost 11.
    I don;t miss the early year much and I’ve been enjoying them growing up and being able to do things together. My daughter and I both play the violin and dance (her well, me very badly) and my son and I play Scrabble.
    A friend of mine described parenting as the most rewarding and the most challenging thing he’s ever done and I strongly agree with that.
    Best wishes,
    Rowena

You are right, Rowena, parenting is the most rewarding and challenging job ever. I’m glad that you understand the overwhelming feeling it gives. My elder one will turn 7 next month and the baby is 8 weeks old. I was enjoying the independence of my son and doing stuff together until the little guy came along. It is good when we can take a break without worrying every second. Now even a shower seems luxury. :) But yes, this is how it is.
      Much love to you, Rowena. Hugs.

If the mind is going blank when you want to say so much, we can have a silent coffee, but the coffee has to be had.. Be around. You know that soon, this will chang