Word Of The Year 2017 #WOTY #MondayMusings

Happy New Year!

We are having a wet start here in Arizona. The blue sky is nowhere to be seen. Sun must be hiding behind those dark clouds, but my eyes are failing to spot even the tiniest glimmer of him this morning. But the gray sky looks alluring with its once in a while appearance.It’s drizzling now. Rain drops are kissing everything in its sight – buildings, trees, leaves, street lights, road, people, cars, everything. Must be fun to gently fall from somewhere so high. Some drops settle where it aim to fall, and some tumble further down and vanish along with the hustle. It is a beautiful scenery.

My word of the year for 2016 was Kind. I believe that I lived up to it. At least I succeeded in being kind to me by limiting my expectations of what I wanted to do last year. I took a break from blogging and didn’t stress out when I couldn’t break the blogging break. I was able to accept the limitations and go with the flow without driving myself crazy even though there were many many tension filled moments. I was kind to me in acknowledging the good life I was blessed with while accepting the obstacles life threw at us. I am hoping that I was kind to others as well. But I know I wasn’t rude to anyone.

2016 was a major year in my life with being pregnant and all. Yet, it did not feel so huge. 2016 will remain as one of the years in my life where things happened just like any other year. I can’t say that it was good or bad because as far as I’m concerned if we can look back with minor scuffs and bruises, that’s a year well lived. And how can I complain about a year which imparted me with so many learnings, which showed me the inner strength in me that I wasn’t aware of, which at the end left me with experiences of one of a kind!

My word of the year 2017 is ENJOY!

20170101_143543

Now for 2017 I want to enjoy life without worrying, without overthinking. Enjoy the little moments of joy. Cherish the giggles and laughter. Enjoy the warmth of the bed after a tiring day. Savor every moment, every bit. Appreciate the blessings in my life. Slow down and take the time to be in the moment and just enjoy. And when the life gets rough and throws obstacles, maybe I would enjoy tackling one at a time. I would like to concentrate on the positive notes and appreciate the negative ones for helping me in gathering my inner strength. Now that doesn’t mean that I’m looking forward for a challenging year. Instead, I want to enjoy and savor the moments as they are without tampering them with apprehensions added from my overworking mind.

May you have an enjoyable 2017. 🙂

Linking with Laurel at Alphabet Salad, Microblog Mondays and Monday Musings at Everyday Gyaan.

18 thoughts on “Word Of The Year 2017 #WOTY #MondayMusings”

1. Laurel Regan, CZT says:

Sounds like a great plan! Happy New Year, and hope your 2017 is very enjoyable indeed!

Thank you, Laurel! 🙂

2. Mali says:

That’s a good choice for your word of the year! I’m a big fan of the idea of enjoying life – especially the little things, even if the big things are difficult.

Enjoying the little things will help in the long run in making us happier, won’t they? Thank you for visiting, Mali. 🙂

3. Uma says:

How wonderfully you’ve summed it up! It’s very important to be kind to yourself and I’m learning it slowly. With a supportive family, one can always tide the stormiest storm. Have a wonderful 2017, Vinitha. May you have plenty of moments to enjoy and live life to the fullest.

I’m glad that I chose to be Kind to myself. I needed my kindness. I never thought that choosing a word would help me but it did. Thank you, Uma. 🙂

4. BellyBytes says:

What a wonderful word : Enjoy. Honestly most of us are so busy getting by with our daily lives that we forget to enjoy ourselves. I’m glad that with this word, you will enjoy every moment of your day even when it is plain mundane or boring. Hope you have an enjoyable year ahead with lots of happy times.

That’s the plan, Sunita, to enjoy the plain, mundane life and give it the life it deserves. 🙂 Thanks a lot. 🙂

Enjoy is a great word, so apt at the moment. I feel it is going to flow out of you as a default setting this year since you have been highly positive after realising your inner strengths. I think the same is going to happen to me since I went through the same realisation in 2016 as you. Doesn’t it seem like a co-incidence? I am going to relax this year when Dhruv starts full time school June onwards and I am shouting from the roof tops about this 😀 I have had a long long stint of him being glued to me.

6. sunainabhatia says:

Enjoy – a beautiful word indeed…..If we live each moment to its fullest, life will be full of happiness. I wish you enjoy the giggles and laughter that come your way this year…:)

7. lshandlefox says:

Sounds great. I wish I could say I wasn’t unkind to anyone in 2016. I’m glad that I was aware enough to hear myself when I wasn’t kind and knew enough to regret it and, when I could, made it right. As we get older, I think it’s natural to want to savor the small things. It’s great when you get to that time in your life (at whatever age) when you realize how many “big”” things don’t matter much at all. The best of 2017 to you!

8. Nupur says:

I like your word for 2017. ‘Enjoyment’ is a precious gift we can give ourselves. My word for 2016 was Grace and it taught me many lessons.

9. umanigith says:

I don’t know if everyone feels the same way, but I feel that when we put our thoughts into words it becomes more and more real. And when others read and share it, it goes out into the universe and then somehow everything that we do starts to follow that pattern. Happy New year Vinitha! Hope you enjoy this year with all the love and kindness you shared the last year !

10. Modern Gypsy says:

Sounds like a plan! Wish you an enjoyable 2017! 🙂

11. nomadwrites says:

That’s a word you should definitely stick to now, Vinitha 🙂 May be start out with drenching yourself in rain? 😀 (you aren’t a rain person, if I remember :D) Btw, on a serious note. Do hope you are able to make the most and enjoy throughout the year ahead. Cheers. Happy 2017.

I think you’ve expressed what I meant when I chose the word ‘happy’, Vinitha. You’re a star for moving continents while heavily pregnant and I’m surprised at how you don’t think it’s a big deal. I know, I do! ♥

13. Anonymous says:

14. rudraprayaga says:

May you have an year bringing things of joy for you to enjoy fully.Nice thoughts. This is rudraprayaga not anonymous.