A Handwritten Poem #FridayReflections

I love writing on paper with the pen. I love the time and effort I have to put in order to achieve that simple task of writing. Writing down with a pen rather than typing is a challenge, otherwise why typing has become everyone’s favorite pick over writing with a pen?

Free writing is even harder as the mind races fast with thoughts and the fingers try its best to keep up the pace to put those thoughts down using appropriate words. But once I finish putting my thoughts down on a paper, the satisfaction that follows is immense.

For the reader it is a different kind of challenge – to decipher a handwritten note, isn’t it? Kanna always has trouble reading mine. Typing sure delivers more clarity.

Here is a handwritten poem I wrote last week after reading a blog post which left me with a heavy heart. Do read and share your thoughts.

IMG_0057

Linking with Friday Reflections hosted by Sanch at Living my Imperfect Life and Corinne at Everyday Gyaan.

Living my Imperfect Life
Signature (2)

24 thoughts on “A Handwritten Poem #FridayReflections”

1. The Unknown Journey Ahead says:

Beautiful handwriting – beautiful thoughts.

Thank you. 🙂

2. Pratikshya​ says:

Beautiful indeed… I too love to pen down my thoughts and musings in my diary… Writing with a black gel pen feels great

That’s such a beautiful poem. Sharing you feelings towards the pain that wasn’t yours.
    Your writing is neat, Vinitha. Pretty good.

4. Alok Singhal says:

Such a beautiful poem, heart wrenching though!

I’ve written letters in my life, full of emotions…so I can imagine the thrill you must have had.

Beautiful handwriting.. and such a sad yet beautiful poem

6. Healthwealthbridge by Dr.Amrita Basu says:

Beautifully written poem and beautiful handwriting. I free write only in long hand .Can’t type that fast!

7. Shirley Corder says:

Beautiful poem. Now if my handwriting looked like that, I would use it more! Do you suffer from arthritis? Or bloating? Do you have high cholesterol? Read about the knobbly ginger root.

8. sanchwrites says:

You have a lovely handwriting and the poem is beautiful.

9. Dr Roshan R (@pythoroshan) says:

Nice, neat handwriting (which automatically rules out being a doctor! 😀 )
    And yes, I used to love writing using pen on paper… been so long though… now, I use it to write footnotes at best.

How Well do You Know What Tobacco Does to You and Your Loved Ones?

10. Inderpreet says:

Such pain and a very thoughtful poem. Thanks for sharing.

11. Esha Mookerjee-Dutta says:

You express yourself so well, Vinitha. Lovely handwriting and of course, loved the poem too! 🙂

12. Uma Chellappa says:

Wow, the poem is wonderful and such a lovely handwriting you have! I shy away from writing because I’ve pathetic handwriting and also like you said my mind races ahead and my fingers cannot cope and that leads to more rushed writing. But, I agree with the sentiment that writing on paper brings a different joy altogether. Beautiful, Vinitha!

Wow this free write is so beautifully written. And I am in love with your handwriting. I haven’t handwritten a poem in a long time. I am inspired now.

14. Modern Gypsy says:

I love your handwriting … and your thoughts…sometimes other people’s pain touches a nerve in us, and we can only wonder how they live with it!

15. Balaka says:

Lovely handwriting and I loved the flow of words…Even I try to write with pen and paper at times…it often proves therapeutic for me.

16. Aditi Kaushiva says:

Such pathos and emotions in the poem. Lovely handwriting too!

17. Ramya says:

Vinitha, i have always believed that handwritten notes are a perfect reflection of the mind. It is not only the words that pour out, but it is also the handwriting that speaks volumes of a person…I loved the touch of emptions that lie in your poem.

18. Natasha says:

That is such a heart rending piece of handwritten poetry. I have hardly been writing on paper but recently bought a fountain pen and a journal, that I have been filling up off and on and it’s a beautiful experience. Thank you for connecting with me Vinitha😊

My latest post:

I cannot imagine writing by hand – I cross out and rewrite so many many times. Love your handwriting and those thoughts are sad and beautiful all at once.

20. nomadwrites says:

Love writing on papers> Old school all the way down (Only that my hand written isnt legible) The words, Vinitha have been beautifully written and they convey how strong you felt and how unbearable the pain of the writer must have been. Best wishes!

21. Shilpa Garg says:

Lovely handwriting you have, Vinitha! There was a time when I would write everything on paper, but now my lappy is my best friend. I cross out so many times, (now-a-days) that writing on paper is out of question. Of course, I use paper for my lists or writing entries in journals.

22. shanayatales says:

Oh I love reading handwritten notes and letters. On your blog, it was especially wonderful to read, as it was unexpected.

I hope your friend finds the strength to deal with whatever he/she is going through.

Oh, I love letters, Shantala. Recently my son received a letter from his friend in the UK. I was so, so jealous. Still is.
      Well, she isn’t my friend exactly. I read a random blog and the post was killing. I got a fresh perspective on what pain is.