30 Odd Questions #BlogFest

I was staring at the screen for a while to write something interesting. I went back to my drafts folder as a last resort and found this half written 30 Odd Questions, which I started to write sometime in May, but could never finish it until now.

30 odd questions is a blog-fest hosted by Debbie D at her blog The DogLady’s Den.

Here goes…

1.What did you want to be when you were a kid?Β – When I was a kid I wanted to become a doctor when I grew up. For so long that was my ambition. It all changed after my 10th grade when I learned that I love Math more and that I couldn’t choose a stream that didn’t have math. So I stayed true to my true love and chose math over biology and became an Engineer.

2.Which β€œFriends” character do you relate to the most? Why?Β – Monica. I am a little (very little πŸ˜‰ ) obsessive like Monica. πŸ™‚

3.Do you like your name? Why? –Β I do like my name, though growing up I have questioned my parents about why they didn’t name me with a few names I loved. ‘Vinitha’ means polite. Reflects my character, don’t you think? πŸ˜›

4.Are you messy or neat?Β – I’m both. Neat enough to annoy the people I live with, messy enough to get annoyed myself. πŸ™‚

5.How tall are you? –Β 5’2″.

6.How tall were you when you were 10? – Almost the same, I guess. I never felt that I have grown so much in the last 20 years.

7.What is your guilty pleasure?Β – I sneak in a cup of coffee at around 2 pm every day. That’s my guilty pleasure.

8.What are you saving money for right now? –Β For my kids’ college. For our future house.

9.How many Pringles can you eat at once? –Β All of them, maybe. Who is counting while eating?

10.Tea or coffee? –Β Tea and coffee, with more preference to tea.

11.Are you an introvert or an extrovert? – I believe I’m a bit of both. I have become more of an introvert now, which is seriously pulling down my confidence. The extrovert in me is hiding somewhere.

12.What will be your Halloween costume this year?Β – I don’t dress up in Halloween costumes.

13.Sweet or salty?Β – A bit of both.

14.Favorite social media? – Instagram and Pinterest.

15.Who is the last person you kissed? – That would be the little guy in the house, my ten-month-old. πŸ™‚

16.What is your favorite breakfast? – My favorite is Idiyappam which is an Indian delicacy.

17.When is your birthday?Β – August 3rd. πŸ™‚

18.When did you start your blog?Β – This one was created sometime in 2013.

19.What is your opinion on the Kardashians?Β – Why bother with them?

20.How would you describe your style?Β – Simple, style-less perhaps. πŸ™‚

21.What color is your hair?Β – Black, they are changing their color to white.

22.What color socks are you wearing? –Β None.

23.What is your dream job?Β – Still dreaming.

24.Dogs or cats?Β – Dogs.

25.What makes you weird?Β – Everything about me could appear weird to you.

26.Celebrity crush?Β – I don’t have any. That could be one of the things that make me weird.

27.Opinion on cigarettes?Β – Cigarette smoking is injurious to health.

28.Do you want/have children? How many? – Yes, I have two boys.

29.Three favorite boy names?Β – Considering that I live with three boys I should say my favorite names are Aryan, Akash and Dileep. But, I haven’t ever thought about favorite boy names.

30.Three favorite girl names?Β – I like the name Esha. When I was a kid, I wanted my name to be Kavitha or Karthika. There you have my three favorite girl names.

Thank you for saving me today with the #Blogfest, Debbie. I enjoyed answering the questions. If you would like to participate, head over to Debbie’s blog.

Linking with #MondayMusings and Microblog Mondays.

28 thoughts on “30 Odd Questions #BlogFest”

You think 2 PM coffee is an indulgence? That’s cute.

You are provoking me to say “I’m cute”, Tulika. I am a tea/coffee addict by birth. Trying to reduce the consumption but failing every single day, and happy about it. πŸ˜€

I didn’t know Vinitha means polite and yes it is apt for you although it goes against my name theory of people being extremely opposite to the meaning of their names. I am still wondering why would 2 pm coffee be equal to guilty pleasure. Strike of the guilt and just keep the pleasure. You are just one Leo I can say I am good friends with. I am in awe of most Leos but friends no. You are more of cancerian with your qualities.

Your theory could be right, Anamika. I’m not so polite and can behave extremely stubborn and arrogant when the situation warrants it. There are a lot of people who don’t like me. πŸ˜€ I’m great that way, aren’t I? An extraordinary Leo with ordinary characters. πŸ˜‰

3. Sid Balachandran says:

Interesting, Vinitha – and same pinch with the coffee; I don’t really consider that as an indulgence; i demand it as much right!
    A Leo huh πŸ™‚

Demand sounds better. πŸ™‚ Yep, a Leo.:) Thanks for stopping by, Sid.

Sweet. Coffee at 2 pm sounds good. But I keep most of my coffee drinking for before 11 am.

I can drink coffee or tea at any point of day or night. πŸ™‚ Thanks for visiting, Corinne. πŸ™‚

5. Roshan Radhakrishnan says:

A fun read… I always love blog tags like these because they reveal so many fun quirks πŸ™‚
    Also, totally not fair that we eat the same number of Pringles and I am the only one who gains weight!!!

Why A Car air purifier may not be a luxury but a necessity instead

I love them too. Why don’t you take up this tag, Roshan? Or, did you already do? I will check on your blog.
      I do gain but don’t care much about it. But you, being a doctor and all, should exercise more and eat healthy, not pringles. πŸ˜‰

6. Lori Shandle-Fox says:

I love stuff like that. I always cringed when I worked at companies that would have these annual retreats where there were these dopey “ice breakers” they forced you to do to get to know your fellow employees better. It’s so much more fun this way! Nice to know more about you. xo

I agree, this is so much more fun. Thanks for visiting, Lori. πŸ™‚

7. Debbie D. says:

Thanks for joining the blogfest, Vinitha! πŸ™‚ Interesting to know your name means ‘polite’, as you certainly seem to be. I googled ‘Idiyappam’, as I’m not familiar with it. It definitely looks appetizing, especially with coconut. Afternoon coffee is a great ‘pick-me-up’. Cheers!

You are so kind, Debbie. πŸ™‚ Idiyappam is yummy. Thank you for hosting this blogfest. I am glad that I could join in the fun. πŸ™‚

8. Alok Singhal says:

Funny, but straight from the heart! I like being open with ourselves at times, there should be no pretense anyway!

I am like you on some of them. Guilty at 3 for me πŸ™

I like these sort of posts as it helps in writing without pressure. And of course, the fun. πŸ™‚ Glad you enjoyed reading, Alok.

9. Shalzmojo says:

Hey this was a fun filled Q&A – makes me wanna go for it too but I dont think I will be as cheery as you have been throughout on this. Not having a celeb crush is odd though not weird…. And your name has a beautiful meaning. I loved reading it and maybe will give it a go – its a great way to get to know someone in an instant sort of a way!!!

Aww, you are so kind, Shalz. Give it a try. It’s so much fun. Thanks for stopping by. πŸ™‚

10. Esha Mookerjee-Dutta says:

One of those fun posts, Vinitha. Thoroughly enjoyed getting to know not just the meaning of your name but your likes and choices a little better too! Your 2pm coffee is like my 12 noon tea…a must though I never feel guilty about it πŸ˜€ Love the fact that you love the name Esha…Its funny I grew up hating my name because people always mispronounced it, but now, as grown-up, I am glad my parents named me so. Funny, no?

Oh yes, it happens. Our likes and dislikes tend to change as we grow up. I love your name, Esha. If I had a daughter I would have named her Esha. πŸ™‚ How can people mispronounce such a simple name?

11. Travelcraft Journal (@TravelcraftJrnl) says:

Some of those questions are kind of funny! I feel like I know you better now, though! I’m sneaking a coffee myself – and look at that it’s almost 2pm!

Hey, are we both in the same timezone? It’s 2.15pm here. πŸ™‚

12. Mali says:

I’m still waiting on my dream job too! I love posts like this because we always learn just a little more about each other.

May your dream come true the soonest. πŸ™‚ Yes, this is much fun and reveals a lot more about the person too. Thanks for the visit, Mali. πŸ™‚

13. Shilpa Gupte says:

It was fun learning so much about you, Vinitha!
    You know, whenever I read your posts, I imagine you to be this polite, soft-spoken girl, and see, now I find that VInitha means polite! That goes to show you have been aptly named!
    Do bring out that extrovert, girl. At least, bring her out occasionally. She will sure have fun!

You are adorable, Shilpa. I am not always the polite, soft-spoken girl, Okay? Sometimes I get violent and crazy and weird too. Few days into our dating phase my now husband exclaimed “you never used to talk this much before”. That was three and a half years after we had been classmates and friends. Think about it. I have multiple personality maybe. πŸ˜‰
      Yeah, I am also waiting for my extrovert self to come out of her hiding. Thanks dear. πŸ™‚

14. vishalbheeroo says:

Hey! Glad to know more about you and never knew that Vinitha means polite. There is not time for chai and it’s a sweet indulgence that me love doing…even at 7 pm before dinner.

Thanks, Vishal. Oh yeah, I can drink tea at anytime of day or night. πŸ˜‰