Goodbye September! #writebravely #WriteTribeProBlogger
Though August was the month of changes and new routines, September was the month which left me with nothing but exhaustion. Right when I was feeling grateful for being able to get along with all the hectic demands of life without much trouble, I became started to feel more and more exhausted, not just physically, mentally too.
The little one, with his teething troubles, upped his crankiness level to the max setting. I hope that that was the max.
To top it off, on the very last day of September I hurt my back. For two days I was in a lot of pain and discomfort. I’m getting better after a visit to the chiropractor, and with yoga and walking.
It hasn’t been easy to manage everything around the house with two kids and a busy husband. In times like these, I try to look at the little things that make me happy and count my blessings.
So here are a few things which keep me going at this moment.
- My family, of course. Yes, the three boys are more than a handful, but they are always willing to dance to my tunes (The third one in the sequence is yet to catch up with the routine but I have faith 😉 ). My husband helps me with the household chores whenever he can. And when I am frustrated and throw tantrums, he is the most understanding of all. Kanna tries to take care of his little brother for my sake, though, the little one gives him a hard time. The toddler of the house makes me feel wanted all the time, and I mean all the time. It feels good when he cries for me and needs no one but me, though, to keep up with his demands is beyond exhausting. But yes, I’m needed. 🙂
- At the beginning of last month, one of our classmates from College visited us along with her family. It was so nice to meet and catch up after such a long time. 🙂
- Onam. It was a pleasant day with a small, very small, feast and Payasam.
- It was my husband’s birthday 2 weeks ago. We celebrated the day by going away to Sedona. We had visited the place many times before too. The gorgeous red rocks welcomed us with a lovely weather to spend the day in peace.
- What would I do without yoga? My back pain needs regular yoga practice. I wasn’t being able to do the practice last month, but with the newly developed pain, I’m back on the mat for a minimum of 20 minutes daily.
- I walk daily for about 30 minutes. Going for a walk is my favorite exercise as it gives me some time to think as the baby relaxes in the stroller.
- I have developed a new liking toward Zumba and dance workout. It’s fun to do. Both the kids like it too. Anything that helps the body to move is welcome, isn’t it?
- Blogging. Last month I didn’t blog as much as I liked due to the exhaustion (or was the exhaustion due to staying away from the blog.) I know that I have to write and blog, without which my wellbeing won’t be well.
- All those teas and coffees I have gulped during this trying time! They were my wine, friends, and much more in different cups.
- Last month I got a surprise gift from a blogger friend. Aren’t they gorgeous? Thank you, Corinne. You are a sweetheart. ❤️
- Even though I was majorly cranky and was at the end of my wit, there were these unexpected moments of calm, showing me that it wasn’t that bad after all. I love these little nuggets of moments which washes over me without asking. Now if only it prevailed for a little while longer!
And thus, September of 2017 was shelved securely in the past. October, I hope that you are kinder than your predecessor.
So, tell me how was your September?