Goodbye September! #writebravely #WriteTribeProBlogger

Picture courtesy Pixabay

Though August was the month of changes and new routines, September was the month which left me with nothing but exhaustion. Right when I was feeling grateful for being able to get along with all the hectic demands of life without much trouble, I became started to feel more and more exhausted, not just physically, mentally too.

The little one, with his teething troubles, upped his crankiness level to the max setting. I hope that that was the max.

To top it off, on the very last day of September I hurt my back. For two days I was in a lot of pain and discomfort. I’m getting better after a visit to the chiropractor, and with yoga and walking.

It hasn’t been easy to manage everything around the house with two kids and a busy husband. In times like these, I try to look at the little things that make me happy and count my blessings.

So here are a few things which keep me going at this moment.

1. My family, of course. Yes, the three boys are more than a handful, but they are always willing to dance to my tunes (The third one in the sequence is yet to catch up with the routine but I have faith 😉 ). My husband helps me with the household chores whenever he can. And when I am frustrated and throw tantrums, he is the most understanding of all. Kanna tries to take care of his little brother for my sake, though, the little one gives him a hard time. The toddler of the house makes me feel wanted all the time, and I mean all the time. It feels good when he cries for me and needs no one but me, though, to keep up with his demands is beyond exhausting. But yes, I’m needed. 🙂
  2. At the beginning of last month, one of our classmates from College visited us along with her family. It was so nice to meet and catch up after such a long time. 🙂
  3. Onam. It was a pleasant day with a small, very small, feast and Payasam.
  4. It was my husband’s birthday 2 weeks ago. We celebrated the day by going away to Sedona. We had visited the place many times before too. The gorgeous red rocks welcomed us with a lovely weather to spend the day in peace.
  5. What would I do without yoga? My back pain needs regular yoga practice. I wasn’t being able to do the practice last month, but with the newly developed pain, I’m back on the mat for a minimum of 20 minutes daily.
  6. I walk daily for about 30 minutes. Going for a walk is my favorite exercise as it gives me some time to think as the baby relaxes in the stroller.
  7. I have developed a new liking toward Zumba and dance workout. It’s fun to do. Both the kids like it too. Anything that helps the body to move is welcome, isn’t it?
  8. Blogging. Last month I didn’t blog as much as I liked due to the exhaustion (or was the exhaustion due to staying away from the blog.) I know that I have to write and blog, without which my wellbeing won’t be well.
  9. All those teas and coffees I have gulped during this trying time! They were my wine, friends, and much more in different cups.
  10. Last month I got a surprise gift from a blogger friend. Aren’t they gorgeous? Thank you, Corinne. You are a sweetheart. ❤️
  11. Even though I was majorly cranky and was at the end of my wit, there were these unexpected moments of calm, showing me that it wasn’t that bad after all. I love these little nuggets of moments which washes over me without asking. Now if only it prevailed for a little while longer!

And thus, September of 2017 was shelved securely in the past. October, I hope that you are kinder than your predecessor.

So, tell me how was your September?

Linking with Write Tribe Pro Blogger Challenge Day 2, #everydaygratitude and Gratitude Circle.

20 thoughts on “Goodbye September! #writebravely #WriteTribeProBlogger”

Counting your blessings during tough times is hard but that’s when we most need to do that. Glad you can see silver linings. Hopefully things will get better in October. I suddenly feel hopeful too, perhaps because the kids’ exams are coming to an end :-).

The back pain sounds terrible. But good you are focussing on your health as it directly affects rest of the family. Karma is seriously being big brother. Have a better October.

3. writershilpa says:

So sorry about your backache, Vinitha! Do continue with your Yoga practice, even if for 20 mins. Taking care of your health will go a long way in keeping you fitter for all the challenges life will throw at you.
    I do hope October is kinder to you…take care, sweetie!

4. zainab says:

It’s hard to keep your chin up when times are not in our favour..my fav mantra has now become : This too shall pass.
    Take care of your backache, I know it’s no picninc. xoxo

5. upasna says:

HAppy reading your survival list 🙂
    I am reading “Managing toddler and baby is not easy” as I am expecting my second child. Wish me good.

6. Alice Gerard says:

Oh, we have so much in common… yoga and walking and Zumba and even the occasional crankiness! This was a very enjoyable post!

7. Rashmi says:

Wow! You’ve done great counting your blessings during this trying time. Not easy, trust me. Hope your backpain gets better and your little one learns to dance tp your tune quicker! And yes, blogging is what keeps us sane, so keep blogging! Have a great October 🙂

8. Ramya says:

My september is busy too. Iam yet to write my gratitude post. Nice cup that you got.

9. Dr Roshan R (@pythoroshan) says:

In spite of the back, looks like you many plus points this last month. Hope the year has plenty more good memories to offer

Godyears.net

10. Sanch @ Sanch Writes says:

Glad to see you are able to see the silver linings even when things are tough. Hope your back is better too. Here’s hoping October is awesome!

11. Reema D'souza says:

Take care of your health! But nice to see that you a had nice month!
    September for me was bad, real bad! Hope you have a wonderful October 🙂

12. Mocktailmommies (@mocktailmommie8) says:

Having three men dancing to your tune is good enough to be jealous of u Vinitha! Liked the idea of highlighting the month gone by, just to give self a little more time to be indulgently nostalgic
    – Anagha from Team MocktailMommies

I loved getting a peak into your life. Sedona is on my list and one day, I’m sure I will get to watch the Sun set behind the red rocks. Sometimes I wonder how do you mums manage? Kudos on all that you do and how wonderfully! Hugs!

Take care of your back. Yoga and walking really helps. These two work for my back too. Wishing you the best this October.

14. Sulekha says:

A great month overall. Hope your back is okay now, yoga does help. Helpful husbands make life a little easy for the overworked mom, glad to see you have a great mate 🙂 Happy October to you, keep blogging…

15. Anchal says:

Hope you have a great October. And a wonderful time blogging.

16. Storyteller says:

you are a supermom dear

17. Vasantha Vivek says:

Happy to read about your gratitude list, dear. That gift from your blogger friend seems to be so cute. Happy October !!!

Ouch for the back ache, Vinitha. I hope it’s eased off now. I love point #11 – it’s amazing how our inner resources kick in to give us the strength to move on positively.

19. Shalzmojo says:

Oh dear I hope your back gets better soon! The cobra pose is the best for back pain and yes Yoga is the best thing for it!! Your little one does sound a handful- guess its the age right now- too much dependability! I hope he will break into sunny smiles and cheery disposition soon to charm all your sorrows away! Wishing you a happy and joyful October Vinitha 🙂

20. nuttynupur says:

Your September sounds pretty good! Mine was too- I got closure, attended a lit fest, went to my mom’s place.