Nothing but a motherhood rant #writebravely #writetribeproblogger

It was Kanna’s fall break last week. That was one whole week of two kids at home. I love having Kanna at home. He doesn’t trouble me. In fact, he helps me when he is up for it. Usually, we spend holidays by visiting the library, watching TV, talking about everything that he can think of, reading books, playing games from ‘clash of clans’ to ‘snake n ladder’. That was before the arrival of his little brother.

But now, with our little guy, Akku, around me 24/7, Kanna and I are not able to spend time together as we would like. The quantity of quality time has been cut short by a lot. Every night,Β at Kanna’s bedtime, we read a book together. That hasn’t been compromised. Thankfully, Akku goes to sleep early making this possible.

Last week, amidst the chaos, I found myselfΒ feeling happy that Kanna was at home. I was able to use the bathroom without worrying about the little one, as the big bro was taking care of the toddler.

Happiness is being able to go to the bathroom without being disturbed or hurried. Motherhood lessons.

Linking with for Day 5 ofΒ WritetribeProBloggerChallenge

23 thoughts on “Nothing but a motherhood rant #writebravely #writetribeproblogger”

1. Ramya says:

So true Vinitha. Happiness is being able to go to bathroom without kids banging the door. Iam in the same boat as you. Elder one takes care of little one atleast for small intervals.

I don’t know if I should be happy that you are able to relate to my rant, Mahathi. But I’m glad. πŸ™‚ How old are your kids? It’s good that the elder ones understands our troubles. πŸ™‚

2. Sulekha says:

Vinitha, an important point motherhood lesson. I had removed the latch from both inside and outside the bathroom due to the fear of being locked in by my daughter:)

Yes, that’s another worry. In fact, when Kanna was a year old, he locked himself in our bedroom. I was able to see him through glass patio door. But was too much stressful until the maintenance guy came in to free him.

You reminded me of the time when the twins were toddlers – going to the washroom was a real achievement.

Tell me about it! And you had two to deal with. How did you manage to get anything done, Tulika? One of my cousins and three friends have twins. I’m always in awe how the parents manage to do anything with two little ones in their toes. πŸ™‚

So true. In fact, my son had once locked my maid in the bathroom and at another time had locked himself in the bedroom. We changed the position of the latches of the bathroom and the bedroom to the top. It helped a lot but the anxiety of leaving baby alone stayed.

They manage to find trouble any way they can, right? We need to keep our eyes and ears open at all times. The stress of it all takes a toll on you eventually. But I’m trying to focus on the bright side, that he will grow up and I will get to go to the restroom peacefully again, hopefully! πŸ™‚

5. Shailaja V says:

Strange how the smallest things mean the most to us when we don’t realise it. I need to make a journal of things to be thankful for and read it everyday. So many reminders for our lives.

Hugs and I know how exhausted you must be. Glad to see you blogging, though πŸ™‚

Thank you for the kind words, Shailaja. Yes, after a while we tend to forget these small yet big troubles. And we end up making more babies. Blame the forgetful mind. πŸ˜‰ It’s true that we have so much to be thankful for. πŸ™‚ Blogging is keeping me sane at the moment, Shailaja. I am lost otherwise, with too much stuff to take care of and nothing for myself. Thank God I have my blog and you people. πŸ™‚

6. Storyteller says:

Aiyooo…. its seems like Kanna is really a responsible kid…. Love to both of them and You Vinitha

He has his moments too, but he is my big helper. πŸ™‚ Love to you too, Nidhi. Thanks a lot. πŸ™‚

7. Rashmi says:

Oh yes! The open bathroom door! Seriously Vinitha, now that my Lo is older, I have still not gotten out of the habit! And when we have guests, I really have a tough time remembering. I am glad you got to spend time with your older one a bit. They dont say much, but they do need to be around us. Especially more after the younger ones arrive. Kudos to big bro for taking care of the little one πŸ™‚

8. Reema D'souza says:

I can only imagine how hard it must be for you while having the little one around. And I absolutely loved the last line!

9. Meha Sharma says:

I have been there Vinitha. Now my girl is six so things are a lot easier. So, this too shall pass. But, yes we have the right to rant ..

10. Alice Gerard says:

I hope that the two kids get to become great friends! You are so supportive of both of them!

11. writershilpa says:

I burst out laughing when i read the last line of this post, Vini! I am aware I have no idea about bringing up kids, but I can very well imagine as I have been taking care of my nephew since his babyhood..I have seen his mum going through the exact same things that you have been going through. My salute to you mommies! <3

That’s sweet that Kanna watches over Akku. They are making some beautiful memories πŸ™‚

13. nuttynupur says:

Yes, the bathroom is the best place for me time!

Oh those bathroom trips! I don’t want to remember them now. They were the toughest. I am so much happier that I am where I am today πŸ™‚

15. Sreedeep Chennamangalam says:

Kanna is a good boy. Good to read this, Vinitha. Having two boys myself, I can understand how it goes. Enjoy these moments, they are precious!

16. Nupur says:

This post is introspective and philosophical, Vinitha Yes, life of a mother is not easy but then we love to be mothers. Wrote a similar post on my blog sometime back. It was about dealing the messiness of motherhood

17. Anchal says:

Such a sweet post. These are some precious moments