What doesn’t kill you.. #writebravely #Writetribeproblogger

..makes you stronger.

This song was playing on the radio while I was driving today morning. This line “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger” was stuck in my mind. While it was inspiring to listen to the song, I kept thinking if it was really true.

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. Or does it suck the soul out of you, leaving behind an empty shell, which would only imitate the qualities of a stronger mind, but in fact is torn inside out.

What if that which doesn’t kill only teaches you to hide your scars better, but not acceptance and not how to show them off without feeling broken all over again?

What if that which doesn’t kill us, in fact does kill us, our essence, our being, but the rest of the world is never aware of it?

What if strength is just a means we use to hold ourselves up when we feel all but weak?

What if we don’t want to become strong, instead a relief from the threat of being killed?

What if..

What do you think? Does it always help in getting stronger? Complete the sentence for me, “What doesn’t kill you, ______”

Linking with Day 8 of Write Tribe Pro Blogger Challenge and Friday Reflections.

12 thoughts on “What doesn’t kill you.. #writebravely #Writetribeproblogger”

Won’t ever kill you πŸ™‚
    For some reason, I have been reading that phrase every where. Maybe it’s a sign to me. So let go of my fears. Thanks for that sign. πŸ™‚

2. Ramya says:

I think, what doesn’t kill you, teaches a lesson. The incident may or may not make us strong but it will prepare for next worst case.

3. Nupur says:

I think what has not killed me has made me stronger but definitely at a price.

4. writershilpa says:

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, and much more wary and cautious. Like I have become from that what did not kill me!
    Points to ponder!

5. sulekha says:

What doesn’t kill you, makes you braver. You have a hidden strength to face all odds and emerge victorious. You let go the fear of death and start living, being more aware of the second chance life has given you. (In my opinion)

6. Rashmi says:

What doesn’t kill you… may even leave you wishing it had, sometimes.
    I know, it isn’t terribly positive. But then, nothing in life is a 100% positive. It is how we see it and what we choose to do about it that makes it right (or wrong). So I would say, that it would leave you wishing it had killed you sometimes, but of course, you need to stand back up. And go on with life.

Actually what you mentioned also defines being strong… To be able to hold up, to hide emotions… It all requires strength. But the crux of the matter is, are we still alive and kicking. Still daring to take on life and hope to win every struggle. If yes, then yes, what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger 😊😊

8. mitadaur says:

I somehow like the dialogue from the batman series of the legendary villain “The Joker”

“Whatever doesn’t kill you simply makes you stranger!!”

I have encountered it various times in my life when I have been through that pain and all those simply made more crazy and stranger than stronger.

What doesn’t kill you makes you get used to it first and then you start enjoying it – at least that’s what happened with motherhood for me :-).

I love it how your mind worked hearing the song. If you ask me, I would say it would be a combination of all of it for me but in phases. The kill part in the What doesn’t kill you is the physical part but mentally and emotionally, one does get killed.

11. Reema D'souza says:

I loved your thoughts on this. According to be what doesn’t kill you, may make you stronger or weaker – its circumstances some times!

12. Anchal says:

I have loved this quote since a long time. ANd always abode by it