Word Of The Year 2018

Are we already one week into the New Year? It is time to set up our goals and resolutions for 2018, isn’t it? And of course, word of the year!

I have been choosing a word of the year for the last three years. It was CALM, KIND and ENJOY for 2015, 2016 and 2017 respectively. Though last year I fell off the track and didn’t quite enjoy the year; my 2015 and 2016 reaped benefits of setting the words calm and kind. After racking my brain for days, I finally was able to come up with a few words.

For 2018 I am choosing three words instead of one, unlike the last three years. I sincerely hope that these three words would help in setting the right tone for my 2018.

• BELIEVE
    Believe in me.
    Believe without doubts.
    Believe that everything is all right.
    Believe in the present.
  • FOCUS
    Focus on the moment.
    Focus on all that is positive.
    Focus on the goals and objectives.
    Focus on the strength and energy.
    Focus on me.
  • BALANCE
    No stressing out.
    No freaking out.
    Just deep breaths.

The new in the new year sure brings fresh hopes and perceptions. I have made goals for January, taking one month at a time, one day at a time. I am not sharing goals here but I will give an update on how I fared. I am pinning my hopes and goals on these words, in the hope that they would direct me the right way.

Do you have a word of the year for 2018?

Linking with #MondayMusings and #MicroblogMondays.

24 thoughts on “Word Of The Year 2018”

1. Alok Singhal says:

This really is a great way to se your priorities right!

Mine has been just been not to overthink, and everything that comes along with it. And I’ve been pretty successful 😊

Not to over think sounds impossible to me, but I’m trying to, else sooner or later my head will explode. 🙂 That’s great that you are successful in following your goals, Alok. 🙂

2. Journeywoman says:

I like this. I’ll have to think about what I would want my word of the year to be.

Glad you liked it. Do let me know when you choose your word. Thank you. 🙂

3 words of the year instead of one sounds a great idea. Believe everything is all right, focus only on positives and no stressing out are sure to make a positive impact. I wish you all the luck. Have a great year 2018 and yeah, try not to overthink 😀
    Nice doodle by the way.
    My word for 2018 is organise – organise my blogging and writing, organise the chores and daily stuff in life.

I couldn’t come up with a single word, and look where I landed, three words! 2017 wasn’t exactly bad, but I feel that it failed me or I failed it somehow. Whatever helps us to go on, right?
      Thanks for the wishes, Anamika. I’m doodling a lot these days. Most of which looks like cobwebs and its afterthoughts, but yeah, I am trying. 😀 Thanks for noticing my art work 🙂
      Organize is a great choice. I am trying not to force myself considering the balance part of it, but yeah overall organizing is needed. Take it easy though, Okay? 🙂

4. Mali says:

What a fabulous set of words, and thoughts behind them.

Thank you, Mali. 🙂

5. vishalbheeroo says:

Believe and Focus, empowering words to help us when the going gets tough. It’s very much helpful to me when the mind drifts into negativity and to beat the lows.

Yes, they are powerful words. 🙂 Thanks for visiting, Vishal.

6. Surbhi Prapanna says:

this is such a great post and I like all 3 words that you had taken for the upcoming year. we all need the power of believe, focus and balance to get desired success in our life. these things help us to bring a peace and happiness in our life. wishing u a very happy new year!

We all do, don’t we? It’s easy lose focus , faith and balance though. I am hoping to regain them by reminding me with these chosen words. 🙂 Thanks lot for the wishes, Surbhi. Wish you a beautiful year ahead. 🙂

Great selection of words to set the tone of the year. And to keep it balanced as well. Wish you good luck and a fabulous year ahead.

Thanks, Raj. Wish you the same. 🙂

8. BellyBytes says:

My word of the year is calm.
    Honestly I used to choose a word for the year and forget it ! Last year I chose patience and tried to practice it . This year I reflect on my WOTY each morning and find it really helps me focus and find balance . I love your three words . Hope you do have a better year this year!

9. Shalzmojo says:

Great choice of words as they support each other really well. Wish you all the very best in accomplishing this in 2018!

10. Aesha says:

I haven’t chosen a word of the year but after reading your post , I have thought for a while and I am going to choose ‘Focus’. I am going to stay focused about myself, my work and enjoy being myself this year.
    I think 2018 will be much better for you and you will enjoy this year by maintaining balance, staying focused by believing in yourself. All the very best!

11. jyotibabel says:

You have chosen the very right three words. Nothing is impossible if you can stick to them. This is the first year I have come across the WOTY concept and I have chosen ‘mindfulness’ – doing one thing at a time and doing it right

12. Anagha Yatin (@anagha_yatin) says:

Believe, focus and balance; together they sure will guide you in achieving success in everything you undertake Vineetha. Wishing you a a very happy 2018.

13. Natasha says:

Lovely words to choose from Vinitha. More power to you!

Here is mine:

14. Modern Gypsy says:

What a lovely trio of words! Hope they bring you all you hope for and more in 2018!

15. Vasantha Vivek says:

All the three words are best and are interrelated. All the best and happy 2018. My word of the year 2018 is Minimalism.

16. Priya Kumar says:

beautiful words chosen, all will be having a positive effect. I am making my own list :).

Thank you, Priya. I would love to read your word of the year.