Unknowingly Neglected #FridayReflections

She cautiously set her cup on the table smiling at the irony of it all. A cup handled with such caution and grace while she, her every being, was shattered inside out. The excessive care which was shown on materialistic items and the taken for granted attitude toward her own mind’s well being!

If only she would listen to her mind’s tantrums and give in!

If only she would listen to her mind’s numbness and tend to it!

If only she would realize that these realizations are not the wake-up calls, but the five-minute snooze alarms, which too will die down if she fails to answer.

If only …

Pin It

Joining #FridayReflections this week hosted by Corinne at Everyday Gyaan and Shalini at Kohl Eyed Me.

20 thoughts on “Unknowingly Neglected #FridayReflections”

Oh that was so thought provoking. We do pay so much attention to materialistic things while completely ignoring our hearts and minds. A great reminder, Vinitha, to handle ourselves gently.

We tend to do that, though not deliberately, right? It’s time we stop treating ourselves as an afterthought. Thanks for stopping by, Tulika. 🙂

2. Shilpa Gupte says:

Is that you,VIni? Because that is me, for sure…and if that is you, too, then we will get along great! 😛

I think we all do this to ourselves and we shouldn’t! We should treat ourselves better with love and care like we do for others. It’s hard though, isn’t it? We will get along very well, Shilpa, I have no doubt. 😀❤️

3. Anagha Yatin says:

We understand it, know that its the only truth but we forget to follow. Irony, isnt it? Very thought provoking.

Sad, isn’t it? We deserve better treatment from us. Thank you for visiting, Anagha! 🙂

Wow! I loved and nodded as you said how carefully we handle material things and how much we take for granted things that we should really care for. This post reminds me of your writings from years ago and I want you to continue writing, Vinitha. You know how much your words inspire me. Hugs!

Now I have to go looking for those writings from years ago which inspired you, Parul. Your comment made my day. Nowadays I’m not sure what to write about, it was much easier when I was starting out as a blogger. ❤️

Don’t think about writing. Just write. Cos that’s what you do the best.

So very true, Vinitha. We’ve got our priorities so wrong, haven’t we? Hugs, my friend. ♥

We sure have, Corinne! ❤️

6. Ness says:

Can so relate. Hope you feel a lot less neglected and that writing this and knowing you’re not alone has helped.

Writing helps, of course. Thank you for visiting, Ness. 😀

7. Shubhra Rastogi says:

Nice, we all are aware of this but still don’t want to change. Thought provoking.

Thanks, Shubhra!

8. Balaka says:

Poignant. We all feel neglected at times. And in most cases it is unknowingly neglected. Loved this post.

9. Sonia Chatterjee says:

This was so deep Vinitha. It felt like my story. Sometimes in keeping up with the pace of life, I forget that self care is important. Thank you for reminding me of this vital aspect

10. Soumya Prasad says:

Mind first, always. I learnt it the hard way but I’m glad I did.

11. vartikasdiary1 says:

How true, Vinitha. We should stop doing disservice to ourselves. Self love and care are the most important things which go overlooked many times.

12. Shilpa Garg says:

Thoughtful and thought provoking. We certainly have got our priorities all wrong. While our mind, body and soul should be nurtured better, we prefer to take care of materialistic things. Thanks for the nudge, Vinitha!