Quietly in the Silence… #FridayReflections

Silence.

Can you hear it?

Do you enjoy it?

I do. It’s quiet in here. All I can hear is the ticking clock and the occasional sound the blinds make as they dance with the breeze.

I can hear my inner voice, loud and clear in this silence.

I can listen to my thoughts so well, such is the clarity this stillness bestow.

And I for one, love this silence. I love reflecting in this soothing quietness.

I am enjoying this lull three days a week as my little one is at his daycare during that time.

I do have a laundry list of chores and errands to run, but now is not the time.

Sitting down and relishing the stillness is one of my favorite activities which I was deprived of the past couple of years.

So, here I am, writing and reading in the intervals when I’m done with immersing myself in the silence, much like enjoying a conversation in between sipping a hot cup of tea, before the little people of the house arrive.

Well, I have a feeling that the racket my little guys create add more sweetness to this silence I savor.

How do you feel about silence? Do you crave for it as much as I do? Please share with me.

Joining Corinne and Shalini for #FridayReflections this week.

Friday reflections

9 thoughts on “Quietly in the Silence… #FridayReflections”

1. writershilpa says:

I do like silence…love it, actually. But there are times when this same silence makes me feel stifled and I yearn for company, for someone to talk to, for some noise that will drive away the scary thoughts..

I love the way you expressed your feelings here, Vini! <3

2. Alana Mautone (@RamblinGarden) says:

I love silence – I love my alone time (such as when I blog). I am an introvert and silence is like nourishment and renewal to me.

Sweet! I agree that noise makes us cherish silence more!

4. Esha M Dutta says:

I love silence, Vinitha! Loved your straight-from-the-heart post! I enjoy my quiet moments alone when the dad and sonny boy are away to office and school respectively! But, yes, sometimes, the clamour and din from a happy home— when joy, mirth and laughter echoes all around is enjoyable too! It is all a part of life, isn’t it?

5. Shalzmojo says:

I love my early mornings, precisely for this reason! Silence is so pure and reasonating for me!

6. pythoroshan says:

I face it way toooo often… I still yearn for it though when I’ve been around people for a long time 🙂

7. Sanch @ Sanch Writes says:

I do like the silence except when the voices in my head are too loud! 😛 But no honestly, I love solitude and it’s one of the reasons I want to go back to living on my own again and not have a housemate

8. rudraprayaga says:

Silence is a salient feature of the absence of others especially the little ones. Everyone likes quietude for a while everyday. Nice post.

9. BellyBytes says:

I enjoy the silence and am energised by it. Floating feather…. fanulous photo.