Lately, I am coming across a lot of happiness related reads. It’s silly how all we want to be is happy and end up not happy for the most part of our life. That’s because we connect happiness with success and wealth more often than not. Wherein reality any rate of success and wealth cannot guarantee our mind’s happiness.
But then, you and I already knew this, right? Afterall, we are intelligent people. We know that happiness lies in the simpler things. Little moments of joy, aren’t they?
After reading Naba’s 21 smaller ways to be happier a couple of weeks ago and Shilpa’s Finding joy in the little things today, I couldn’t resist finishing my own list of things that make me happy. Some of them, you might find silly, but if it makes me happy then who cares!
42 simple joys of my life
- Getting up early and enjoying the silence sipping my hot tea while everyone else is asleep.
- Practicing Yoga, especially when I go to the class and experience Yoga to its fullest.
- Going for a walk with my family.
- Talking to my husband.
- My husband.
- Bugging my husband about the gift for my birthday weeks before the actual day.
- Going for a drive.
- Working on my projects.
- Tea anytime.
- Food, yummy yummy food.
- Chocolate milk before bed.
- Resting after a long day.
- Getting my house cleaned.
- Countertops all out of clutters and shining through.
- Organizing anything – files on my laptop, sorting out photos, organizing closet spaces.
- When my kids are asleep. 🙂
- Seeing my children laughing.
- Listening to those precious giggles.
- Talking with Kanna.
- Reading with Kanna.
- When Akku plays on his own.
- Writing and blogging.
- Reading comments on my blog.
- Reading my old blog posts.
- When a musing strikes and I must note that down.
- When I actually get to write down my musings.
- Publishing a post.
- Interacting with other bloggers.
- Friends that blogging brought to me.
- Talking to my sister.
- Reading a book and not wanting to put it down.
- Watching my favorite TV shows.
- Making my To-Do lists and going over them.
- Finishing up my tasks for the day.
- Writing in my gratitude journal.
- Pens and journals.
- When I bake cakes and cookies.
- Surprising my husband with his favorite dishes.
- Skywatching and stargazing.
- Catching up with friends.
You know what, you should try this activity too. I am smiling from ear to ear as I read the list again. Of course, it is the little things that can bring immense, long-lasting joy. Do you agree?
Linking with Monday Musings at Everyday Gyaan.