There are certain principles and rules that all of us follow. Today I would like to share 10 such rules that I keep going back to.
- I have everything I need. I already posses every tool, every resource, every skill, every thing that is to know to get to the next point. All I need to do is use my knowledge.
- Just because I do something easily doesn’t mean that it is easy for everyone else, too. Similarly, just because someone else does something effortlessly doesn’t mean that it will be easy for me too. We are different and same.
- Never compare. Comparing myself with others can result in unwanted heartbreaks.
- Go at my own pace. That’s the best pace.
- Admit it when I realize I am wrong – at least to myself. That will only add grace to my character.
- Less is more.
- Decluttering is a continuous process. Remember to declutter my physical and mental space.
- There is no ‘this is it’. Things change constantly. So do people. What worked for me till yesterday might not work for me today. That’s not the end of the world. I will learn, adapt, and move forward.
- You are a tiny speck in this universe. But you are very much needed for the universe to function the way it is. Do not underestimate yourselves.
- No matter where you are, you will always find a path forward. Where there is a will, there is a way.
And, here is a bonus rule that works for me:
Most often a simple restart is all that is needed.
Remembering these rules help me in getting on with my life with fewer complaints. Every day presents us with beautiful opportunities and lessons. But only a fraction of those lessons stick with us. Let me know in comments if these rules made sense to you.
Friday Reflections is a link-up hosted by Shalini at Kohl Eyed Me , Parul at Happiness and Food and Corinne at The Frangipani Creative every First Friday of the month to share a good cup of tea and your reflections based on the prompts provided or free write. You can find the prompts for this month here.
8 thoughts on “10 Rules of Life #FridayReflections”
I believe in simple restart whatever may be the circumstances. Nice quotes to follow by Vineetha.
There is oodles of wisdom in these 10 rules. It is a good idea to come up with our own rules to live by sticking them or pining them at a place within easy sight. I am confused which one of these is my favourite because all of them make so much sense.
Number 9 was super awesome! Loved it!! Actually, loved the entire list!
Each of these rules makes complete sense to me, Vini. That’s precisely how one must live their life!
I think I agree with the entire list, Vini. It all makes perfect sense!
These are all frameable rules Vinitha – simple ideas to keep life simple.
I agree with every one of them, but it’s #3 for me!
Lovely reflections, Vinitha.
I loved each one of them, especially the one on comparison. We are all unique and we all have a pace that is exclusive to us; comparing just makes it all self deprecating and negative.
In Buddhism people are taught to practise Mudita or joy for others good fortune and well being. The moment we start comparing, if we can alter the thought to mudita, it can be life changing.