October 16, is Blog Action Day. Founded in 2007, Blog Action Day brings together bloggers from different countries, interests and languages to blog about one important global topic on the same day.
Inequality is when,
1. men are mocked for crying because grown men won’t cry.
2. women are blamed for the rape culture prevailing in India, because wearing short or tight clothes is a signal for men to take advantage of the women.
3. women are abused in their in-laws house because they aren’t satisfied with the dowry.
4. women are paid less wage than men for the same job pulling same or more hours than men.
5. women are held accountable for most of the crimes going on even by other women.
6. women are asked to adjust in the married life.
7. women are expected to fit in smoothly and accept the rules of her husband’s house even by her own parents.
8. men are looked at suspiciously or sometimes insulted, for standing up for women rights.
9. kids are not allowed to play without their parents present, in fear of molesters.
10. men/women are not given appreciation based on their performance because the manager is attracted to the pretty girl and she bags the promotion.
11. woman who wakes up early in the morning, do all the kitchen/house works, rush to her office, works there for 8 or more hours and gets back to the house, is asked to give up her seat in the bus to an old lady despite her tiredness, just because she isn’t old.
12. a stay at home dad is insulted just because he is a stay at home dad.
13. Religions fight and kill to prove which is superior.
14. someone is not given seat in college because he/she does not belong to minor class.
Inequality is deep-rooted within our society, within ourselves, all over the world. It starts when we are born, but doesn’t end with our death. Inequality carries on its legacy without us.
How can we fight inequality? How do you fight inequality? Share your answers in the comment section.