I had a busy week last week. On Friday, I took a day off from everything I was doing. As it happens, I feel like I haven’t written for ages together, although, it has been only on just that day that I didn’t write. It amazes me how my mind puts distance between the days when there were none and convinces me that’s the truth. Cunning isn’t it!
Yet, we can’t survive without this cheekiness our mind presents. Because on some days, it is our mind’s ability to put distance between days that help us forget, forgive, and move forward.
To put things into perspective here I’m writing my gratitude for the week that’s gone by.
Last week I was grateful for:
- Finding time to study a lot
- Attending a webinar on Women Back to Work
- Getting an interview call
- Talking to a recruiter and deciding what I didn’t want to do
- Being able to take time off when I wasn’t feeling well
- The silly laughs with Akku
- Reading with Kanna
- Longs walks with the husband
- Availability of books to read and reading
- Some questions that follow me around bothering me and some answers that pop out of the blue
- Friends that hang around to hear the sighs of silence and the stifled sobs long after the laughter dies
- For writing
- For the feeling that “I am enough”
- For the little joys
This list is incomplete. There were more things I felt particularly sad about and grateful for last week. There are concerns that follow me around and moments of clarity that brightens my mind.
Some days I feel everything I do is pointless. But some days I am grateful for all that I do because they keep me on my toes and allow me to move forward.
So how was our week?